If your Dodge Ram is getting old and your interior is getting boring and dull, then it’s time for an interior upgrade. The first step of interior upgrade is seat upgrade. But, not all other seats fit Dodge ram, and you might try some different seats than the dodge ram OEM seats. So, what other seats fit dodge ram?
There are plenty of different seats available for dodge ram, including Clek, BirtaX, Tribute LX, Britax, and many more. You can technically fit all truck seats on dodge. But for that, you need to know the correct installation procedures.
So to see which seats fit and how to choose them, read this guide properly.
As we said before, you can modify almost all seats to fit a Dodge ram. Dodge ram seats are available in various shapes and designs. However, we will pick out the best ones for your truck on our list.
This is the first generation of Dodge ram which was active from 1981 to 1993. Sadly the seats for dodge ram 1st gen are completely different from newer generations. You can still fix your 2nd gen seats into the 1st gen, but that will be too much work for a regular rider.
The first-gen uses bench seats. Check below to find the best seats for the Dodge ram 1st gen.
- Qualitex American classic
- Qualitex Express
- Laguna Low Back
The Dodge Ram is in its second generation, and it features a quad-cab design. This generation of Dodge Ram has a smaller center seat, just like the newer models. As a result, selecting a seat must be done with care.
You can fit your 4th gen dodge ram seats here too, but for that, you will need to make some modifications. The seats that will fit the second gen are
The Dodge Ram is now in its third generation. The length of the Dodge Ram varies from 208 and 295 inches, depending on the trim and cab level, while the width is always 80 inches. To put it another way, you’ll fit practically any car seat in your vehicle.
The most important thing to watch is front-to-back space; depending on your truck model, you may not have any or have a lot. As a result, pick your chairs based on their dimensions.
Best Seats for Dodge ram(2002-2008)
- Britax Boulevard
- Dionno Radian
- Combi Cocorro
- Britax Frontier G1.1
Dodge Ram’s fourth generation was available from 2009 to 2018. Because the crew cab measures 228 inches long and 79 inches wide, most wide seats should fit well.
It’s worth noting that Ram’s middle seat is narrow, and you won’t be able to put most chairs that require 100 percent of the seat base to be on the seat there. Most seats follow the 80 percent rule, which allows for a 20% overlap.
- Clek Felo ( you must choose a different middle seat)
- Clek Foonf
- Chicco KeyFit 30
- Britax Pavilion G4
Dodge Ram is now in its fifth and most recent generation. The fifth-generation features quad cans. The Quad Cab variant (42) or 44) ’s 5’7” box is approximately 229 inches long and 82 inches wide. With the 6’4′′ box, the Crew Cab (42) or 44) is nearly 242 inches long and 82 inches wide.
Like the fourth generation, the fifth generation of Dodge ram also has a shorter middle seat, so you must choose a seat that follows the 80% rule for the middle seat.
- Clek Oobr
- Britax Pinnacle 90
- Graco TurboBooster
- Cleek Foonf
So far, we talked about the Dodge ram 1500 replacement, but you might be looking for replacement seats for the dodge ram 2500. Well, Dodge ram 1500 and 2500 are nearly the same.
Before getting the best seat for your dodge ram, let’s see how to check whether the seats are compatible or not.
- Seat material: You can choose a fabric or leather seat, depending on your preferences. The material of your truck seat will have a significant impact on how comfy you are while driving. Leather seats will not be ideal if you routinely drive long distances in hot weather. On the other hand, Fabric seats are difficult to clean and maintain.
- Seat size: Even though the size of your car is fixed, you can choose the size of your seat by yourself, but that must not cross the size of your truck. Small seats are less expensive than broad seats; however, they may not provide comfort.
- Seatbelts: Your seatbelt should not be obstructed by your new vehicle seat. If the old seat’s seatbelt is still attached, look for a replacement truck seat with a seatbelt.
- Height of Suspension: The size of your vehicle seat will depend on the amount of leg room you have. Choose a higher seat, so your legs don’t feel cramped if you’re tall. If your seat is shallow, your visibility on the road may be compromised.
- Type of Spring: Springs are significant for your dodge ram seat. They will act as shock absorbers. You’ll need truck seats with heavy-duty springs if you routinely travel over rugged terrain or on bumpy highways.
This Video Will Help You Too!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Down below, let’s look into a few of the most frequently asked questions about dodge ram replacement seats.
What Year Dodge Rams Interchangeable?
Because the Dodge Ram 1500 from 2002 to 2008 belongs to the same generation, the components should be interchangeable. The following generation runs from 2019 to 2018 and has primarily replaceable parts. The same applies to models of 2019-2020.
Will 4th Gen Ram seats fit 3rd gen?
There may be minor variations in wiring across the years, but they are essentially interchangeable. You can change the Front seats from the 4th generation directly into the 3rd generation.
Are Ram 1500 and 2500 seats the same?
The dodge ram 2500 is a bit wider than the 1500 model. Hence all of the seats from 1500 should fit ram 2500 very quickly and vice versa.
Will Durango seats fit in a ram?
Yes, it will fit, but you may need to make minor adjustments.
For any dodge ram users, something that often pops up in their head is what other seats fit dodge ram. Thus in this article, we tried to list the most common seats that will fit your Dodge ram 1500/2500 without any trouble.
Always make sure to measure the car dimension and the seat you are opting for to ensure the perfect fit for your vehicle.
You Can Also Read:
- Best Options For Ford F100 Seat Swap And How To Swap Them
- Dodge OBD1 Codes: Complete List Added with Meaning!
- Dealing With Weigh Safe Hitch Problems, Can’t Find a Way!
Our chief editor, working 24/7 to ensure the precise and only quality data regarding different trucks.He is mastered with the ins and outs of cargo to off-road trucks of Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, GMC and more. This truck geek graduatedwitha Bachelor of automobile engineeringdegree and practiced through his own automotive parts repair center.