Are you worried about why Chevrolet wireless charging not working functionally? Check the charging pad maybe got some issue.
This charger doesn’t transfer power through cable and allows you to charge your phone while driving without dealing with extra cables.
First of all, relax and think about what can be the reason behind it.
In the following discussion, we’ll share with you some possible reasons behind this issue and how you can fix the problem without spending much money.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Chevrolet Wireless Charging Not Working
- 2 A Helpful Tutorial You May Need!
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Conclusion
Chevrolet Wireless Charging Not Working
Many Chevrolet and similar wireless charging models don’t work correctly. You may think that since this feature is a new technology, it’s natural for you not to know how to use it. But actually, that’s not the case.
There’re mainly two reasons behind it. These are:
|Not using compatible mobile with the charger||Know which mobile is compatible with your Chevrolet model|
|Charging pad has some issues||Fix the problem|
1. Not Using Compatible Mobile
Just like some wired chargers are only suitable for charging some specific models of smartphones; similarly, Chevrolet wireless chargers are compatible with some specific models.
Using Chevrolet wireless charging, you can charge your smartphone in the car while driving without connecting cable, plug, or wires.
So if your smartphone isn’t compatible with the model of the wireless charger in your car, it won’t charge your mobile.
So let’s learn with which smartphone Chevy wireless charger not working properly:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Which Smartphones Are Compatible With Chevrolet Wireless Charging?
To be suitable for charging through the Chevrolet, your smartphone must have either the WPC 1.0, PMA 1.0, or WPC 1.1 charging standard built into the hardware.
Here’s a quick list of compatible smartphones:
- Samsung Note Series like 5, 8,9, and 10
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S8, S9, and S10 (selected models)
- Nokia Lumia 920 to 950 (select models)
- LG Spectrum 2
- LG Nexus 4/5
- LG G6-G8
- Motorola Droid Mini
- Motorola Droid Maxx
- Apple iPhone 8-10 (select models)
2. Charging Pad Has Some Issue
If you have a compatible smartphone and still your Chevy Tahoe wireless charger not working, then probably the charging pad has some internal issue. You can fix the charging pad in two ways; first, contact your dealer and see if they can fix or replace it, and the other one is a DIY fix.
It shouldn’t cost you a bouquet of money to fix it through the dealers. In case they demand a lot of money, then you should consider applying a DIY technique to replace it yourself.
How To Replace Charging Pad Issue (DIY Method)
Replacing the charging pad using the below method is pretty straightforward. But before you start the process, you should know what tools you require:
- T-10 Torx screwdriver
- Trim removal tools for vehicle
- A sharp knife
- A new wireless charging module and harness
After you gather the tools, follow the below steps to fix the wireless charger:
- Use the trim removal tool to get inside the armrest. Run the tool evenly around the surface to separate the lid carefully.
- Now remove the four screws that hold the existing wireless charging module using the screwdriver to access the rubber mat.
- Release the mat by unscrewing it. After removing the old module, place the new one. You will see a small section like the “+” sign under the mat; cut it out with a sharp knife. It’ll allow you to rotate the mat, which lets your phone be centered more evenly over the new wireless charging module.
- Screw the mat to secure it in place.
- To set up the harness, you need to move the backseat and remove the liner. Now unscrew the panel to get access to the harness. There’ll be too many plugs, so make sure you unplug the old harness slowly, then plug in the new one.
- Now put back the panel, secure it with screws, and put back the liner.Connect the new harness with the new module.
- Screw back the new module with the rubber mat and ensure that it’s mounted in the correct orientation.
- The last step is to attach the inside armrest cover again.
A Helpful Tutorial You May Need!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you turn on wireless charging on a Chevy?
Start your car or put it in accessory mode, then place your smartphone on the coil charging symbol. Now, if your phone is suitable to charge with wireless charging, you should see your phone charging.
What phones are compatible with Chevrolet wireless charging?
When your phone isn’t compatible with the charger, you’ll see your Chevrolet equinox wireless charging not working. To charge your iPhone with this charger, you should have iPhone 5/5S/SE, iPhone 6/6S, and iPhone 7.
How do I know if my Silverado has wireless charging?
If your Silverado has wireless charging, you should see it in the armrest. In fact, some models of Silverado come with both wireless charging and wireless phone protection, for example, Silverado 1500.
So now you know why your Chevrolet wireless charging not working functionally. These wireless chargers use a process known as inductive charging, through which they can transfer power by magnetic field instead of a standard cable.
Charger-compatible phones have a coil inside the device, like a wireless charger. That’s why you also need to place your phone over the small coil symbol to activate the magnetic field to charge your phone.
However, charging on your car using the wireless charger is somewhat slower than the traditional charger. We hope the above discussion was helpful for you to fix the wireless charger issues.
You Can Also Read:
Our chief editor, working 24/7 to ensure the precise and only quality data regarding different trucks.He is mastered with the ins and outs of cargo to off-road trucks of Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, GMC and more. This truck geek graduatedwitha Bachelor of automobile engineeringdegree and practiced through his own automotive parts repair center.