What are common and frequent 2014 Silverado transmission problems you can face as a user? Most of the people complained about hard shifts, failure to accelerate, cranking noise, unstable jerking, surges, and many others.
Well, this is something you must learn before you get one for yourself. Running through a lot of review portals, interviews, and also from personal experience, we are here to share our findings.
Do you already have a 2014 Silverado in your garage? Do not start to panic already! Without any doubt, this pickup is a good service provider in many aspects. We will guide you to some tricks and tips to combat those transmission problems. So let’s get familiar with them.
2014 Silverado Transmission Problems
Transmission problems can tamper with your safety when you are driving on the highways. But how can you learn that your transmission is leaking? To summarize, you will have difficulty in starting, clunking noise, getting a burning rope smell, delayed turning, etc.
Here are the common transmission problems in the 2014 Silverado pickup model.
|Gear is slipping||Change the old and contaminated transmission fluid|
|Loud clanking noise||Check the wheel bearing|
|Jerking and abnormal shaking||Replace the worn-out shocks and ensure the correct lube level.|
|Failure to accelerate||Replace the faulty torque converter|
|Difficulty in shifting gears||Replace the faulty solenoids|
Problems-1: Your Pickup’s Gear is Slipping
Slipping gear is a great threat to your safety. You can sense the danger when your vehicle is lazy to respond to your command. In such cases, you must hurry to call in a mechanic. But before that, you can try some troubleshooting hacks.
To apply the useful solution, you must find the underlying cause of the problem first. Here are some common reasons for slipping gear in the 2014 Silverado.
Cause of Slipping Gear:
- Contaminated transmission fluid.
- Regular wear and tear
- Damaged transmission belt
- Reduced transmission fluid level
- Change the worn-out gear
- Replace the contaminated transmission fluid and refill it with fresh fluid.
- Replace the worn-out transmission belt.
- Closely monitor the transmission fluid level before setting on a journey.
Problem-2: Loud Clanking Noise from the Pickup
Another 2014Silverado4.3transmissionproblem that you can face now and then is irritating clunking noise. This tampers with your good mood while driving. Let’s get a hold of this problem.
Cause of Loud Clanking Noise from the Bad Transmission:
- Damaged wheel bearing
- Improper lubrication
- Incorrect sensor regulation
- Damaged solenoids.
- Change the damaged wheel bearing.
- Maintain proper transmission fluid level for appropriate lubrication
- Replace the damaged solenoids.
- Try to find out the incorrect signals from the sensor.
Note: Clanking noise may arise from any engine-related issue also. It is better to call in a mechanic for a thorough inspection.
Problem-3: Jerking and Abnormal Shaking While Driving
What will you do if your pickup starts skiing violently out of the blue? There might not be a mechanic available at that moment. So you should learn why your pickup truck is shaking abruptly and how to fix it.
Cause of Jerking and Violent Shaking:
- Worn-out shocks
- Incorrect lube level
- Worn-out clutches
- Low transmission fluid level
- Damaged spark plugs
- Clogged converter
- Replace the worn-out shock with a compatible shock
- Maintain the correct lube level.
- Repair the damaged clutches
- Refill the fresh transmission fluid
- Replace the damaged spark plug
- Clean the catalytic converter.
Abrupt jerking and shaking while driving reduces grip on the tire on terrain. So take care of it as soon as possible.
Problem-4: Failure to Accelerate
Are you having any problems while accelerating your vehicle? This is a sign that you are facing 14 Silverado transmission problems. You can lose control over the gear. And in the worst case, your pickup truck decelerates.
One of the reasons your vehicle fails to accelerate is worn-out gear. Let’s explore other reasons.
Cause of Failing to Accelerate the Vehicle:
- Faulty torque converter
- Leaking transmission fluid.
- Impurities in the transmission fluid
- Worn-out clutches.
- Look for any internal transmission blockage and failure.
- Replace the faulty torque converter
- Prevent the transmission fluid from leaking. You can simply use a Blue Devil Transmission Sealer.
- Refill the fluid tank with fresh and impurities-free transmission fluid.
- Replace the worn-out clutches.
Problem-5: Difficulty in Shifting Gears
Are you having a hard time shifting the gears? This has something to do with your gear systems. Check out the following causes and try to find the reason in your case.
Cause of having Difficulty in Shifting Gear:
- Oxidizing transmission fluid
- Failure to synchronize gears properly
- Faulty solenoids
- Damaged clutch
- Damaged shifter cables
- Improper linkage
- Replace the damaged solenoids.
- Change the contaminated transmission fluid periodically.
- Repair the damaged clutch.
- Check the shifter cable connection and repair any types of cable damage.
- Try to synchronize the gear to prevent any kind of transmission slip.
This Video Will Help You Too!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to replace a transmission on a 2014 Silverado?
If you want to repair the transmission, you can pack up the cost within 1200- 3000 dollars. However, the fluid flush demands less penny. You are sure to get it within 100 dollars.
What transmission is in a 2014 Silverado 1500?
The transmission chart on their website demands that the 2014 Silverado 1500 features a 6-speed automatic transmission.
How long does a 2014 Silverado transmission last?
A 2014 Silverado transmission can last up to 200000 miles. But for want of maintenance, the transmission might drop to 120000 to 150000 miles.
Recently Silverado is having a bad time dealing with the bad reviews on a different commercial website. These reviews are mostly related to its transmission problems. At first many of the users could not understand where the problem was. But gradually they found out about the 2014 Silverado transmission problems.
Initially, the problem starts with the slipping of the gear. As the problem progresses, you will hear some clicking noise, face abrupt shaking, and others.
If these issues are overlooked, they can be a threat to your safety. You can try out the above ways to sort out the problem. But you should still ask for professional help if needed.
You Can Also Read:
- 2015 Silverado 6 Speed Transmission Problems: Detailed Explanations With 5 Reasons
- Driving with Bad Cam Phasers? See How to Quiet Cam Phaser Noise Easily
- How to Use ForScan F150 – Complete Guide For F150 Owner!
Meet our senior writer and content manager of Automasterx. He has worked in several mechanical garages and mastered different vehicle diagnoses and parts repair. He never stops until finding out the ultimate solutions for any vehicle fault code. However, ensuring the only solid solutions for each vehicle malfunction is his core part of the duty, alongside analyzing fault codes and signals.